Manually Populated Playlists
This feature is coming in the next major version, v3.0.
Downcast does not yet support manually populated ("on the go") playlists.
However, there are a couple of ways to simulate one while we implement the feature.
- Create a playlist that includes only locked episodes
- Lock episodes that you want to include in the playlist
- That catch with this option is that Downcast does not synchronize the locked status of episodes.
- Create a playlist that includes only partially played episodes
- Briefly play each episode you want included in the playlist so that they are considered partially played
- The advantage of this option is that play position is synchronized, so the playlist should stay in sync across devices.
- One thing to keep in mind with this option is that should you wish to remove an episode from a playlist that only includes partially played episodes is that marking an episode as "Unplayed" does not reset the play position to zero. That only happens if you manually change the play position to the start of the episode and when an episode is marked as "Played".